Enjoy natural splendors only a short train ride from any Japanese city, and get an up-close-and-personal look at vast mountains ranges, sparkling lakes, lush forests, desert sands, and wildlife parks.
The choice is yours
Choose a direction below to craft your own Japanese experience!
- Under the magnificent cherry blossoms
- Japan boasts hundreds of varieties of cherry trees, in an exquisite array of whites and pinks. The sakura blossoms sweep the country from South to North over a three-month period from February to May. Discover the breathtaking displays of Sakura at thousands of urban and rural sites around the country.
- Experience Japanese life at its source - literally and figuratively. Discover how the nation's waterways nurture this land, and in many ways embody the fluidity of Japanese history and culture.
- Island life
- Open your mind to a different side of Japan on these islands, far from the city, distant from everything back home.
- Originally the domain of Japanese nobility, the glorious and meticulous public and private gardens will remain forever etched in your memory.